Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 13, 2012

To Waterloo & Jesup, IA!

On Thurs., Feb. 9th Hudson & I headed to Waterloo, IA with Mom for Hudson's first trip to Grandma & Grandpa Sergeant's.  We both slept the whole way and it was fun to wake up at their house on Fri., Feb. 10th.  After breakfast Grandma, Mom, Hudson & I made a special trip to the Phelps Youth Pavilion in downtown Waterloo and what fun we had!  Most of their exhibits are centered around art and famous artists however they had so much to see and do.  Here's Grandma Anne and us at the entrance.
Here's Mom & I pretending to be American Gothic or the most farm Dad & daughter in the world, although, we got it a little backwards!
Here I am drawing and having fun...
There latest exhibit is called Mini Masters which is a mini-golf course all based on art.  Here's Grandma and I playing the Andy Warhol hole and I must say pretty good.  Very fitting that we play golf when visiting Grandma & Grandpa Sergeant given how much the Sergeant's love to play!
Here's me playing the Georges Seurat Impressionism/Pointillism hole of "Sunday in the Park".  Other holes included Monet, Picasso, Pippin and Munch.  Pretty cool to be part of the art!
Hudson and my favorite exhibit was the farm one of course.  With a cow you could milk and actually mowed, hay bales you could load & lift, and a tractor that was hooked up to a computer screen so when you turned the wheel it looked like the scenery changed.  Pretty awesome.
Grandma Anne helped me draw a picture for Hudson and me.  Other favorites was the children's dress up theater & stage, school house, farmer's market and large building blocks.  Highly recommend you visit and play too!  Afterwards we had lunch at the Screamin' Eagle and I made Grandma & Mom laugh when Hudson began to cry a little bit I openly mocked him with rubbing my eyes and doing a fake cry.  Apparently I'm growing up with a mind of my own & showing some personality.
After a big nap Great Uncle Brian & Aunt Debbie showed up to play.  We had a great time and I enjoyed hamming it up for them.
Great Grandma Shirley came over for dinner and some cuddle time with each of us.
On Saturday, Feb. 11th we got to introduce Hudson to Mom's other Mom, Jane Demmer.  We also stopped by Great Grandma & Grandpa Vogel's house for some fun play time.  We then had lunch with Grandma Dawn & some fun play time with Great Grandma & Grandpa Kress.  After a big nap I got to play with Aunt Rayann before Grandpa Mark babysat me while Mom, Hudson and Grandma Dawn went to a special remembernce service for Great Grandpa Pete in Raymond.  I had a blast with Grandpa wrestling on the mat he got for Hudson and I.  Although I think Grandpa has more fun pushing me around at this point; just wait Grandpa you better look out!
Here's all four of us wrestling on our new mat and notice the Blue Earth Buc colors?!  On Sun., Feb. 12th we got to meet and play with Great Uncle Kurt, Aunt Yvette and cousins Autumn and Andrea.  Autumn even taught me how to race and count down to "Ready, Set, Go!"  I had a ton of fun and it was fun for Hudson to meet more of our family.  Although I must say I was pretty pumped when we headed for home during my nap and woke up to see Dad!
Today, Feb. 13th I woke up not feeling so hot and had a hard night sleeping due to my ears.  We had a Valentine's Day lunch date with Grandma Judy so instead we went to the doctor together to get my ears checked.  They gave us some drops to help with the blockage but no infection just my tubes can't keep up with my drainage.  Afterwards we had ice cream with Grandma Judy and even got some early Valentine's Day presents.  I love my Cars shirt and I know Hudson will look super cute in his new gray jumper!  The fun part of the day was showing off how Hudson is starting to really use his hands and even playing with his Mr. Crinkle blanket when sitting in his car seat.  He's growing up fast too!