Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 20, 2012

1st Day of Daycare!

Today was Hudson's 1st day of daycare & my first day with my little brother!  Hudson seemed excited too as he was wide awake in the morning ready and raring to go!  Here he is in his new Carter's outfit (*from Uncle Adam & Aunt Audra - can you believe he's already in 6 months at 2 months?!).  Look at him, all smiles:
On our first day we were doing pretty good and only running a little late.  Here we are all ready to go; do you like Hudson's new aviator hat?  It's pretty cold in the morning so I usually get to take my blankie with me; introducing Brownie Love Blanket.  Dad helped me nickname it.
Hudson all bundled up and no clue what's in store!
As today is President's Day the staff is limited so Hudson got to join me in the gym until everyone arrived.  Here's Ms. Linda (*my regular teacher) taking him until one of his teacher's takes him to his room.  I must admit when it was time to go to our individual classrooms I was pretty upset when they took my brother from me.  I didn't want him out of my sight and actually followed him to his room.  They just didn't understand that Dad had told me it was my new job to look out for him and I took my new role seriously.  After a bit I decided it was safe and agreed to go back to my room but I am keeping an eye on things.  Apparently Mom learned of the story and all the teachers thought it was pretty cute.
Here's Hudson's classroom; the Sweet Peas Room:
Here's their lunchroom where he'll eat once he starts on real food.  As you can see their is sign language on the wall which we start to learn in the Sweet Pea's Room.  Typically kids stay in this room until they are about one or so.
Here's one of the nap rooms; Hudson's bed is the second from the left with the blue blanket.
Here's Hudson's first and very own basket!
We each had a great first full time day back.  I enjoyed using my hands & eyes to throw the light-up ball in the gym.  It was fun learning to bounce it different directions and try to catch it.  Hudson had a good first day which included a lunchtime visit from Mom & her pervious boss, Shari.  He also enjoyed looking in the mirror and smiling.  He was a hit with the staff as such a happy, smilely boy and he was wore out by the time we got home as you can see!
Welcome to Little Giants Hudson!