Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bricelyn Independence Days

On July 5th we returned to daycare however continued our 4th celebration by painting red, white & blue on a spinning machine & tried to make it look like fireworks.  I'm pretty pleased how mine turned out!  Hudson just enjoyed relaxing and rolling on the floor!
After daycare & swim lessons we met Cousin Diane and her three kids, my cousins, Issy, Owen & Evelyn for a sleep over!  After bath time & P.J.'s we got to have play time and I loved playing trucks with Owen.  Here we are trying to out run the moving bulldozer; note we won!
Here's Hudson getting some cuddle time with Issy!
On Friday, July 6th we had a ton of fun eating breakfast outside, swimming, playing hide-n-seek and just running around.  Too bad they had to hit the road by lunch...miss them already & had so much fun.  Thanks for visiting!
Friday night also marked the end of my swim lessons and I passed Level 1 & 2.  We got lots of free play at the end and I loved all the sprinklers and water systems.  Favorite swim lesson toy was the watering can which I also liked to dump on Mom!
Here I am the graduate!  Sucker, certificate and all...
Hudson had Daddy time while I was at swim lessons & they also had a good time as you can see...what a cool dude!
On Sat., July 7th I got to make firecracker pops (*s'more like pops made of marshmallows dipped in melted chocolate topped with graham cracker crumbs & 4th of July sprinkles).  I loved eating the chocolate & the marshmallows!  I also loved taping the lollipop sticks red & blue and taping anything else I could find too.  Here's our pops which we handed out to the ladies like flowers for the 4th. 
After a mid-morning nap & lunch we met up with the Hansen's & Grandma & Grandpa Prestegard for the Bricelyn Independence Days parade.  Of course I enjoyed the fire trucks, tractors and horses.  Here's my friend Addison & me!
Although we tend to prefer John Deere this big, red sprayer headed to our house for Daddy to test drive after the parade.  It was so cool to look at up, close & personal and call our own for a day!
Here's Hudson & I with Grandma & Grandpa.
Here's our family; cheese!
After the parade we got to check out the petting zoo & even got to ride Shadow the pony.  Hudson & I briefly got on together however rode separately for safety.
After another nap & dinner we got to do some fireworks of our own & sparklers for the first time.  I wasn't completely sure about them but did pretty good.  I liked watching them light up and was a little sad when they went out.
After a little time I got pretty brave & even ran around with them.  Maybe next year I'll know how to write my name with them...we'll see!
At dusk we met up with the Oswalds, Grandma & Grandpa Prestegard and got a special treat as we got to see Aunt Carol, Cousin Ally and Great Grandma & Grandpa Prestegard.  We got to watch the musical show and then saw some awesome fireworks.  My favorite part was the lighting of the USA flag and wasn't too sure of the loudness of the rest.  Awesome 4th weekend though. 

On Sun., July 8th I unfortunately woke up with a temperature & my tongue hurting.  Mom checked me out and took me to Urgent Care as she thought I might have strep throat.  Sure enough I tested positive.  After some medicine and a big nap I started feeling a little better but was still pretty mild.  Who knew you could get strep throat in July!  So far Hudson is doing well and even got to try baby apples for the first time Sunday.  He loved them!  Much better than green beans.

Mon., July 9th Mom worked from home & I got to cuddle & lay around.  Dad said I must not have been feeling well if I didn't even want to play trucks & tractors!  By mid-morning my fever was gone and by my fourth dose of medicine at dinner time I was starting to get some spark back.  On the 10th I returned to daycare which was a good thing as we learned all about bees.  I learned they collect pollen & drink nectar from flowers.  We got to pretend to be bees and buzz around.  Had a great day back and so did Hudson.  He's started to feel out his new teeth in his mouth by blowing raspberries non-stop and he was all about them on the 10th.  Careful, don't get too close or you'll get quite a shower.  Pretty funny to watch though.  By today, the 12th I'm pretty much my ol' self and feeling good.  My favorite part of the day was we made dragonflies at DC.  We used sparkles, glue and a Popsicle stick in which once dried got to race around the room helping him fly.  Such fun.  Glad to be on the mend and even happier little brother Hudson is still feeling good too!