Happy 4th of July & God Bless America! Today we had a very busy day...we woke up, ate & then drove to Delano, MN (*by the Twin Cities) to meet Mom's good, college friend Lindsey, her son Grayson (*1 yr old) and her family for Delano's 4th of July Celebration. Did you know that Delano is home to Minnesota's oldest and largest 4th of July Celebration! Even though we had triple digit heat we sweat right through it & had a fun time. We watched the parade which was over an hour & a half long! We got tons of Mr. Freezies, candy, fun treats and met the Grand Marshal, Fox 9 meteorologist, Keith Marler. Hudson even got to taste his first Mr. Freeze, orange then blue. He loved it & I think his gums loved it as still teething. The best part was there were 3 backhoe tractors, a dozen John Deere tractors, JD gators and 2 cement mixers! Did I mention there were over 13 fire trucks - it was just awesome.
Here we are in our 4th of July best; Hudson is wearing "My First 4th!" and I'm wearing "Home of the Brave". Pretty handsome, huh?
We had awesome seats on a hill with just enough breeze to help with the heat not to mention shade from a few big trees, our umbrellas & cold water to pour on us & drink. Hudson also got his first bottle of water & loved holding it and drinking from it. He was pretty much soaked by the end of the parade! Notice my hair is pretty wet. Hudson loved holding onto our umbrellas and of course ISU all the way!
Here's Mom, Hudson & I with Lindsey's parents. Grandma Peg was awesome at helping me get candy and it was really fun to meet all of Grayson's cousins. There were 7 kiddos total!
Here's Mom, Hudson & I with Lindsey and Grayson.
One of my favorites of the day...a backhoe tractor! I was so excited.
After the parade we enjoyed Lindsey's parents home & pool. Thanks Hammerseng's for showing us an awesome time. After lunch we had big naps while Mom drove us home to meet Dad for dinner & swim lessons. Yep, still had our lessons even though the 4th. Here's me pool ready...
Here's Dad & I playing while we were suppose to work on blowing bubbles; oops!
We also worked on getting our heads wet & diving for rings. As you can see I had no problems. I got the green ring on the first try and did it again & again! Love the water & loved being in it with Daddy. Thanks Dad for taking me - extra special! Mom & Hudson watched poolside so we made it a family affair. I had a big day at the pool & Hudson had a big day of first. In addition to the above he had his first green beans (*didn't mind them) & first trip in a shopping cart without his car seat! Yep, he sat like a big boy and did great keeping head & body control. He loved looking around and was pretty wore out by the end. What an awesome holiday; can't wait for Bricelyn Independence Days this weekend! Happy 4th everyone!


