On Wed., July 18th I got a special sticker at DC for waiting patiently to do our art project. I'm doing really well at waiting my turn which make my teachers and Dad & Mom proud! Here's my patiently awaited art project - Mr. Caterpillar:
Also in Sprout News for the month of July we're learning about red, white & blue; bugs & bees; the ocean and trying lots of cool treats. Due all the very hot days & high temps of July we've had to be selective with outdoor play & take lots of water breaks which can be very fun!
After we got home from DC on the 18th Mom & I were cooking dinner while Hudson got to snack on Gerber Puffs or Cheetos for babies for the very first time! He wasn't too sure of the texture & flavor but did wonderfully feeding himself. Here's the puff master:
All done & so happy and proud! Now where's dinner?! In honor of the upcoming Batman movie Hudson's sporting a Batman shirt. Dad was so excited to see it!
On Fri., July 20th we learned Hudson had his second ear infection in just his right ear this time; poor guy. At least got on some meds to help him sleep before the weekend! On the 21st Hudson & I spent nap time & dinner at Grandma & Grandpa Prestegard's while Dad & Mom took in the afternoon showing of Batman! They said they really liked it and the best part was they were home in time to play & to do baths, stories & prayers with us. We had a fun weekend just hanging out at home.
On Mon., the 23rd Hudson tried pears for the first time and loved them and today Mom stopped by after her doctor apt. and they showed off how Hudson now pulls himself up! He was all smiles & giggles. I was the only boy in my class at DC on the 23rd for some odd reason & one of the little girls started calling me Grandpa so all the girls soon joined in. Ms. Linda said I didn't pay much attention but for the whole day I was "Grandpa Hayden"! On the 23rd & today, the 24th we learned about the ocean and in particular sand, seashells & dolphins. We even got to use a magnify glass to look at the sand & shells and touch their smooth & bumpy surfaces. I also got to paint a dolphin swimming in the ocean:
Can't wait to see what we do the rest of the week!


