This past weekend, July 14th - 15th, was our annual Farmer's Day weekend with Grandpa Mark & Grandma Dawn Vogel. This year we had a special treat as Uncle Adam & Auntie Audra were in town from the Chicago area and Uncle Keith was there too. We had such a busy and fun time.
In addition to the Farmer's Day Parade we also went to the Heartland Acres Agribition Center which is a museum of agriculture's past, present & future and the home of Big Bud, a 16 V 747 farm tractor. Did I mention Big Bud is the largest tractor in the whole, wide world! Here's Grandpa & I checking out the Waterloo Boy (*being as Mom's from Waterloo kind of fitting!) which was John Deere's firs tractor.
Here's me almost driving Big Bud:
Here's Grandpa & I sitting in Big Bud's 7 foot tractor tire - it was huge!
Hudson & I had a blast doing story time together at nap & sharing a room. We moved around too much to share a bed. Here we are laughing it up n- gotta love being brothers!
During our visit we got to see lots of family including Great Grandpa & Grandma Kress. Here we are with Grandpa Chuck and Grandma Wilda:
After a big nap we got to go downtown & test out all the rides. I especially loved driving the trucks and the boats. I even did the bumper cars with Mom & Uncle Adam. I had so much fun and giggled each time Mom & I got bumped. I tried pushing Mom out of the way and said, "Hayden drive", but I was too little so had to just ride shot gun & watch. Here's me driving my own truck instead:
We enjoyed dinner outside and I even got to try little donuts. Here's Hudson hamming it up & giggling with Aunt Audra:
I should mention Mom ran her first ever 5K Saturday morning and did great. She met her personal goals of finishing (*she told me she was worried her legs may fall of!), running the whole time, no walking, and did all of it in 35 minutes. For a Mom of two & only training for 3.5 weeks not bad at all. We're proud of you Mom! What a big, fun-filled, packed weekend - thank you everyone for making it so special.
Sunday night we relaxed and got settled back at home; Hudson even tried bananas for the first time and went bananas for them! Couldn't resist...Monday, July 16th brought big changes for Hudson, he went up to the next size car seat! The little guy isn't so little anymore and has out grown his infant seat. Here he is on the way to DC in his new car seat for the first time. I think he enjoyed it as he can now see out the window and really liked looking around.
I also had a good Monday as I got to paint at the big boy easel. I really enjoyed painting and got to pick my colors - orange and yellow. I'm having an orange phase right now as my favorite color. The best part of my day today, July 17th, was song time which included tractor songs and I even got to use the wooden tappers to make music to the melodies. I also got to paint at the easel today after a special request although I used my second favorite color, green, today. After daycare we all got in our pool at home to cool off from our crazy weather & Hudson went down the slide for the first time. God willing we'll have rain soon to cool things off and to help our poor crops. Look forward to a non-eventful week and weekend at home. Hope you stay cool and have fun too!


