Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 13, 2011

23 Months Old!

Today I'm 23 months old!  Over the past month I've continued to development more and more into an indepdent toddler and am definately finding my personality.  Above is "Happy Hayden" as Dad & Mom call me wrestling and being silly at home.  I love playing with blankets & making tents!

Here's an update of the fun things I'm doing now:
  • I have developed realtionships with my friends at daycare and truly interact with them now.  My teachers say I no longer play side-by-side or paralell play I play with them and we even come up with our own games!
  • My speech has become more clear and I'm continuely surprising Mom & Dad with a new word here and there.  I've begun to mimic actions and words so watch out what you say around me!
  • I'm even beginning to combine words and say longer sentences of gibberish which will soon translate to real words.
  • My coordination continues to develop and I can now kick a ball forward and chase after it to kick it again!  My aim when I throw a ball overhead has improved too.
  • I play more independently now and prefer to have some alone and/or quiet time.  I read books by myself, play cars/trucks/tractors by myself making their noises and coming up with obstacles for them.  I still love playing outside and going to "the shop" where Dad works and/or tractor rides the best. 
  • I'm really good at climbing, running and even jump forward a bit now.  Still working on balance from one foot to another but have become an excellent stair climber standing up not on my knees and sometimes use the railing and sometimes don't.  I'm a big boy now!
  • I am more and more a helper including picking up toys and/or putting my clothes in my hamper.  If Mom says time for bed I'll climb up in my big boy bed all on my own.  I'm starting to help get myself dressed and am really good at assisting such as putting my foot out if Dad says let's put your sock on your foot and/or shoe.  I understand so much now.
  • I feed myself effectively with silverware and don't make a mess when we go out for dinner.  I drink from a regular cup and will even ask for "water" or "milk".  I love drinking from straws if I get the chance just like Mom & Dad do from their cups when we're out to eat.