Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 7, 2011

Daycare Update

We recently started the fall session at daycare and I thought I'd give you a quick update.  I'm now in the routine of attending Little Sprouts on Mondays and Tuesdays and Tiny Tots on Wednesdays and Thursdays.  By November I should be in Little Sprouts full time as I approach two years old!  I'm still eating at the big kids table with silverware and using a regular cup more consistently.  This fall we're even participating in the public school's healthy food policy which focuses on eliminating sugar and limiting carbohydrates.  Not too much of a change for our meals but it will limit what I can bring for birthday treats! 

Our routine at daycare is drop-off, breakfast and then we go outside for large muscle activities.  We do circle/music time, clean-up before lunch which I'm learning to wash my hands on my own, lunch, nap time and then playtime in the afternoon before snack & pick-up.  I'm even learning to use the water fountain all by myself.  We usually sneak art activities in there too pending on the day and the unit we're studying.  On Mon., Oct. 3 I had a good Monday and even wore my pumpkin hat all day even when I was sweating - I didn't want to take it off!  We did some coloring today and practiced cutting out leaves for fall.  Here's my beautiful artwork & orange leaf.
Even the other kids got jealous and tried to wear it too but I kept it on.  After daycare Mom and I met Anna and Ava for dinner at El Tio's for some good Mexican.  I loved the fish tank we sat next too.  We then went to our third Toddler & Twos class which this week's peek-a-boo was a sheep.  I love saying, "baaaa!"  Mom's parent unit was on Curing the Gimmes and again, I was brave when she left and really enjoyed playing with all the trucks.  I love going to class because I get to play with my daycare friends Ava, Jack and Shea and of course our Moms.  Here is the peek-a-boo I made and again, loved getting to glue.
This past week I've had a bit of a cough and by Monday night got a little bit worse.  On Tues., Oct. 4th I had a good day at daycare but still had my cough.  Although I really enjoyed circle / song time Mom still picked me up early to go to the doctor.  The good news is no ear infection but the doctor did say he thinks I have the crud and/or croup that is going around and to let it play it's course.  There isn't much to do but run a vaporizer and use Vick's rub.  He thought it would be cleared up by Friday and if not to come back in.  On Tuesday we practiced our writing skills and using pencils as they are harder for little hands to grip & work our fine motor skills.  Here's my pencil artwork:
Slowly over the week the cough has slowed and isn't as noticeable and by today it was much better!  Even with my cough this week I've improved my vehicle sounds and now when I see a fire truck I do a mean siren, I do the hand motions and "choo choo" for train and even "toot toot" for tugboat.  I love to say "beep beep" and pretend I'm honking the horn for a car and/or tractor.  Apparently my teachers are pretty impressed at daycare too as they've mentioned it to Mom.

I should mention today, Oct. 7th I did go with Mom to her & my baby brother's doctor appointment and everything went really well.  He's still measuring ahead and the heartbeat was strong just not as fast as normal which the doctor thought he was sleeping.  He's been moving more and more and I've even felt him kick!  I am saying baby more and more and even point to babies (*real ones and/or in pictures) and now say baby when I point.  After the doctor appointment we stopped to get a few things at Hy-Vee and even got a special treat for Dad and me.  I got a cookie monster and we got a tractor treat for Dad!  I loved the frosting and had fun squeezing the cookies together to get the frosting out.  Here's my treat I got at snack time:
 I was a little unsure of it at first but then dug right in!
 Here's Dad's tractor (*he loves Oreo's so it was perfect!):
After snack time we got the rare treat to ride with Dad in the combine as he was going to take over for one of the guys that needed the night off.  So we made supper and took it to Dad with his special dessert.  While we were waiting for Dad to pull up to pick us up Mom got out of the car to come around and get me and the car automatically locked me in!  Yep, good thing we had a spare Mom had to get quick but no worries as I was fine and had a great time running around in the car while we waited.  I think Mom & Dad were more worried than me.  Cars sure are smart now that if you leave your keys in them they automatically lock for your safety - which in this case wasn't.  Learned our lesson though!  Here's me in my new Thomas Conductor hat (*was my Thomas adventure souvenir) while we waited for Dad - this was pre-lock-in:
 Here's Dad and I driving (*it was spotty due to all the wind & debris in the air):
Even though we had a bit of a scare with vehicle it was a fun time hanging out with Dad & a good day!