Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 27, 2011

ISU vs. Texas A&M Game

On Thursday, October 20th I woke up at Grandma & Grandpa Sergeant's house!  I did get to spend the morning with Mom before she had to head to Ames and we had fun eating breakfast together and playing.  My favorite new toy at Grandma's was her musical monster which I figured out how to turn on and then we did the "monster mash" together.  Over and over and over and over and over again!  So fun!
Here's me mashing it up!
Here's Mom & me before she says goodbye...I had a little tears but then was ready to play again!
On the 20th I had an excellent day with Grandma, Grandpa had to work, and we enjoyed running errands, playing and having dinner with Great Grandma Shirley.  I even showed her how to monster mash.  The night of the 20th was my first night away from Mom & Dad but Grandma said I was a champ all night.  On the 21st I again spent the day with Grandma and Grandpa.  On the 22nd we played and had breakfast before we loaded up the car and headed to Ames for the ISU vs. Texas A&M game.  We arrived shortly after 11 a.m. in time to tailgate and eat lunch.  Here’s Aunt Ashley and I having lunch together.
I surprised everyone with my good manners using my napkin to keep clean!
After lunch I had nap time and missed just the start of the game but woke up raring to cheer!
Here's Grandpa Scott & Uncle Jared and I cheering as we had an amazing drive to the red zone!
Cheering after another first down!  I loved clapping and cheering and was really good at it!
Here's me and our good friend "Aunt" Jennie watching the game and I was hamming it up!  I thought it was pretty funny to drink my water and then make funny noises so it would spray in front of me.  I would do it again and again and just giggle!  I'm so funny!
During halftime Mom & I met up with some of our good friends Sarah, Kelly, Ben, Emily & Jennie and I had a great time exploring the trucks, golf carts and dancing with Sarah & Ben!  We even got to march with the band as they went by but I don't think they noticed we joined them which was probably good.
Here's Grandpa and me speechless as we ended up losing 17 to 33; we had an amazing day though and even hung out for a while after the game before we went for dinner and then home.  I was so excited to get home to see Dad and sleep in my own bed.  Thank you Grandma & Grandpa for taking such good care of me.   I love you & had a fantastic time.
After church on Sunday, Oct. 23rd we had a fun family brunch at Country Kitchen to celebrate being back together as a family.  I sat right up at the table and ate with big boy silverware and did an excellent job.  Dad & Mom said they were so proud of me and my growing mealtime skills.  After my afternoon nap Dad, Mom & I carved our pumpkins!  We first started by scraping out the seeds and guts which I had a blast doing.  Here's Mom & I starting out on my pumpkin and I even had my own tools to use.
Here I am helping Dad do his pumpkin by handing him some tools to use.  Poor Kato had to wait outside until we were done - can you see him in the window?
Here's our family!
Once we started carving Mom & I used stencils and knives but Dad decided to use power tools like Tim the Tool-man Taylor!  Here's Dad using a Sawz-all; it was soo cool to watch.
Dad made a cool smiley face pumpkin, Mom & I made a Superman pumpkin in honor of my upcoming Halloween costume and Mom carved me Mator from Cars!  I loved checking the faces out & trying to figure out how they glowed.  I did get to help blow out the candles later.
Our finished products...
All light up and ready for Halloween!
On Monday, October 24th I got to spend the day with Grandma Judy as it was still MEA break. I had a great time playing outside all day and checking out the trucks and equipment that came in and out of the yard. Since it was break we didn't have our ECFE class so Mom and I visited Dad at the dryer site in Frost instead and I got to play in a corn pile with some of my trucks. Way better than a sand box and I had a great time with Dad. I miss him a lot during harvest time and getting to have special moments like these are treasured. On Tuesday, October 25th I had fun seeing my friends at daycare after being gone a week and we got to paint today at an easel! I was bummed when we had to stop and a little upset. Grandma Judy picked me up as Mom had to work late at a job fair but when she came to pick me up I was excited to see her & ready to go. I went right to her arms and turned to Grandma and said bye-bye. Mom said I was a character.

On Wed., October 26th I spent one of my last two days in Tiny Tots; yep, on Monday, Oct. 31st I start full-time in the Little Sprouts room as I'm moving up. We stopped by at the dryer site again on the night of the 26th and on the 27th when Mom picked me up she had a car! Our vehicle had to spend some time in the shop and Mom thought it was pretty fun when I gave her a funny, confused look when she loaded me in the loaner car. My last couple of days in Tiny Tots went well but I will be sad to leave my friends and Great Aunt Jean. I will still get to play with them during drop-offs, pick-ups and gym/outside time but still will miss them.  To celebrate my last day in Tiny Tots and pre-Halloween Mom and I made bread stick bones for my friends.  We shaped the dough into what looked like bones and I got to help sprinkle the tops. 
We think they turned out pretty good:
 Well, I'll miss you Tiny Tots & here I come Little Sprouts!