Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 31, 2011

A Superman Halloween!

Today, Monday, October 31, 2011, marked my first official day in the Little Sprouts room full-time.  We got to sponge paint a cat today in bright colors and I also got to give Mom a tour of my official room that we thought we'd share with you.  Here are some of the highlights:
Here's the door to our room which they decorate each month with a new theme.  For October they made a pumpkin patch with all our names on it.  Mine is below:
When you enter this is what you see.  We have lockers for our coats & stuff and we also have a file folder each with our own folder where we put our artwork, daily sheets, etc for our parents to pick up each day.  The rug straight ahead is where we do circle and song time which I really enjoy.
We have a large open area for play time and activities, like when we put up easels to paint.  Just beyond the curtain is a small playground we get to go outside each day to.  There is a larger playground at the end of our grounds too which I really enjoy the slides.  Both play grounds have sandboxes which are my favorite.
Little Sprouts marks another big milestone - potty training!  We have a small, open bathroom so we kids have privacy but the teachers can also supervise.  Notice the sink to wash hands is just our height straight ahead along with the paper towels!
Here's our potty training area!  Not quite ready but working towards it.
Here's my locker with my picture & name too.
On Monday the 31st we got to paint with orange for Halloween - here's my master piece:
Our Little Sprouts teachers spoiled us with a special Halloween present, personalized Little Pumpkin Boy or Girl books.  Here's the cover of mine - don't I look good as a pumpkin?
I've really enjoyed reading it and love looking at the bright pictures with my face on all the costumes.
After daycare Mom picked me up and we met Dad at home for a quick dinner and costume change.  Once Kato and I were ready to go we headed to Grandma & Grandpa Prestegard's house for our first trick-or-treating stop.  This year I was Superman and Kato was the Criminal I was after to capture!
Here I am with my trick-or-treat bag ready to head to my first front door!
Here's Grandma giving me my first treat but I was more interested in her blinking pumpkin necklace which was pretty cool!  Grandma & Grandpa had some of my favorite treats ready for me including dried fruit, graham crackers and Vanilla wafers!  They are so thoughtful!
Here's Grandpa showing me how to put my treats in my trick-or-treat bag.  This is the first year I could actually understand and do it myself.  Such a big boy!
Here's me showing Grandpa and Kato some of my goodies; I was pretty excited and so was Kato!
Here's our happy Halloween family.
Next stop was Great-Grandma and Grandpa Fenske.  Here I am taking my treat bag to Grandma Betty.
They too had a special treat for me, a tractor & candy!
I was so excited about my tractor I took it right over to Grandpa Albert to show him my new toy.
I was also pretty excited that Grandma and Grandpa had some trucks and tractors to play with at their house.  I had trouble leaving as I was having too much fun!
We then went to St. Luke's to visit Great-Grandma and Grandpa Prestegard.  Grandma Alice was waiting at the front door for us and again had special treats for me.  I got my first Hot Wheels car and more candy!
We then visited some of Grandma & Grandpa's friends and then went to see Grandpa.  We had a very nice visit and even danced to Berry White music in Grandma's stuffed dog.  What a fun time!
Up next Great Aunt and Uncle Patty & Butch.  They had another favorite of mine, fruit snacks!  Here's Aunt Patty giving me my trick-or-treat!
Afterwards I showed them how I capture my Criminal Kato and take him to jail.
Kato tried to get away and appeal to Aunt Patty for bail but we still put him away!
Happy Halloween from the Prestegard's!
Our last stop was Dairy Queen to meet Grandpa Mark.  He was in town hunting so it was a special surprise getting to have ice cream with Grandpa.
He got me my very own shake and we found out that I love raspberry shakes which Grandpa said I'm the 4th generation to do so as Great Grandpa Richard, Grandpa Mark, Dad and me all love raspberry shakes!  Here we are having our special Halloween treat!
Hope everyone had a Happy & safe Halloween!