Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Last ECFE Class

On Monday, November 1, 2011, I had a fun day at daycare playing with the peg board over and over with my buddy Skyler.  We'd fill it up, dump it out and start all over again.  In he afternoon Grandma Judy picked me up as Mom was on a work trip in the Cities (*her last one before my brother comes) so I had some fun times with Grandma and Grandpa Allen.  I was reading with Grandpa on the coach when Mom arrived and Mom thought it was so cute I ran right to her and grabbed her hand and lead her to the door as I said "bye".  Ready to go home and go to bed!  On Tuesday, November 2nd we had dance time in the gym at daycare and I couldn't have been happier we had an excellent time.  For the month of November our units will cover popcorn (*we may get to try some), turkeys, families and transportation.  Bet you can't guess which one I'm most interested in learning about!  We'll even do a Thanksgiving unit on what we're thankful for and get to bring in pictures of our families.  I'm very excited to show mine off.  On Thursday, November 3rd I got to play truck driver in the truck outside and used the shopping cart to carry around all my truck toys.  Very fun day & week at daycare!

On Friday, November 4th I went with Mom in the morning to her and the baby's doctor check-up.  The baby is starting to move into position and his heartbeat was 146 so very strong and he was very active.  I sat really good during the appointment and held Mom's hand.  The doctor was very impressed.  Afterwards we picked up a few things at Hy-Vee and the best part was they had carts which were cars I got to drive!  I was a little sad when we had to go but the man who helped carry our groceries out gave me a sucker which made me very happy!  I ate it very well and didn't get sticky or anything.  Hand coordination has come a long way.  It was a little cool and windy but after nap we played outside a few times and I really enjoyed playing with my  trike & car.  Here's me taking my trike for a spin...
Here's me in my car; trying to get as much outdoor time as I can before winter!
Peek-a-boo can you see me?
I'm really good at filling my car up with gas and everything!
On Saturday, November 5th we played at home in the morning and after nap our good friends Mandy and Addison came over for a play date.  She's about to celebrate her 1st birthday and doesn't she look cute?!  We had  very nice time playing and I still need to work on sharing my territory so it was good practice before little brother comes.  Can't wait to hang out together again soon!
Saturday night was a little rough on Mom & baby as Mom had some pre-term labor pains and by Sunday afternoon was feeling much better.  The baby and Mom are now doing well and haven't had any since.  Sunday the 6th was a little rough for me too with daylight savings but we'll get through it.  "Staying up" for afternoon nap was tough but as you can see didn't mind snuggling with Dad:
On Monday, November 7th we went to our very last ECFE class in which our final peek-a-boo was a puppy.  I enjoyed the songs we sang which we could bark like a dog and we even had a dog hand puppet to play with.  I really liked playing with the glue bottle when making the peek-a-boo and also really enjoyed playing with the bubbles we did as a group.  The last parent's topic was Play/Toy Selection in honor of the upcoming holidays.  I'll miss going to class and playing with my friends however hopefully will get to do another in the future.  Here's this week's peek-a-boo:
On Tuesday, November 7th we made popcorn at daycare!  I got to watch the popcorn pop and fall from the machine, we got to smell it and hear it "pop".  We talked about our senses and then got to taste it!  Mrs. Kayla said I sat very patiently and listened very well.  Better report than Monday when I had a harder time following direction.  On Wed., November 8th we made popcorn again and I was very excited to eat it!  After daycare Mom, Dad and I met our friends the Oswalds at Double Play for a triple date dinner.  Yep, there was Dad & Mom, Anna & Reece and then of course me & Ava.  Ava and I did really well through dinner and even played close by afterwards.  I think our parents were pretty proud.  I even got my first 2nd birthday present which was an awesome Cars, with Mater & everything, Play-Doh set.  I love it!  Thank you Oswalds for being so generous and thoughtful.  The cars in the set also kept us busy while we were waiting for our food!  Very, very good idea.  I am now getting excited for my upcoming birthday & can't wait to give you a full report.  On Thursday, November 10th I had a low key day but did enjoy playing with Logan in the sandbox at daycare.  I've been battling a cold all week and now starting to loosen up so coughing a bit but starting to feel much better.  Working on being 100% for my party!  Have a great weekend everyone!