Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 13, 2011

24 Months or 2 Years Old!

Today I turn 24 Months or 2 years old and am officially a toddler or small child; no longer a baby! They officially stop counting me in months and I am now counted in years! This may be my last monthly progress update however I'll continue to keep you posted on my learning and development. Here is some of the progress and/or what I learned this past month:
  • I began to speak in mini-sentences! Yes, I'm using two to three words together at a time and continue to come up with new words all the time. I love pointing to objects and saying their names like "hat" or "moon" whether we're reading a book, outside looking at stars or just playing and talking about them. Constantly becoming more and more vocal.
  • I've started to assist more with my own hygiene & dressing by assisting in putting articles of clothing on. I'm pretty good at shirts, shoes and working on socks. I even help at bath time by rubbing shampoo in my hair and after bath with putting on lotion on. I surprised Dad the other day when I took one of my children's Q-tips and put it in my ear to clean it. I've been assisting in brushing my teeth and am now more consistent and doing a better job at going back & forth on my own.
  • I'm learning that everything has a name and I ask "why" or "what" to better understand. I am putting ideas together such as pretending to load my wagon with my combine's auger and unload & load trucks for transport. I am creative and love to draw, color and make things out of Play-Doh. When I hear music, especially songs I recognize, I get right up and dance and/or do the actions to the song. I even imitate and try to match what Mom or Dad does; a couple of times Mom & I have done Yoga & stretching together. I must say I'm not too bad and follow the directions and/or video right along.
  • Dad & Mom say I am easier to reason with as I understand more and more although I do have my moments where I want to be independent and my own person. I do understand their facial expressions and/or when they mean business and am starting to tune in to this and then act right away.
  • I'm starting to express my feelings more and observe others feelings. If someone is sad I readily give hugs or if someone is happy and smiling I give smiles back and giggle. If I don't like something I say "no" or show what I'd prefer. Even if I get upset I sometimes stop myself which Mom says it's the beginning of self-control.
  • I observe everything and repeat actions and words so watch out! I love to play and be active and I love playing and teasing Kato our dog. Dad says I tease worse than he does - I take that as a compliment as Dad is really good at it!
  • Lastly, I love my independent playtime and also love playing with others.  I really interact with other kids and/or people, even non-family members, to pretend and play with them not just alongside them in a parallel play.  More and more social.
We will soon have my two year pictures back however in the meantime here are a couple of shots from my photo session that I thought you may enjoy.  Hard to believe I'm already 2; so ready for my party though!