Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hudson's 2 Day Check-up

Today, Tues., Nov. 29th Hudson had to return to the hospital for his two day check-up.  When Hudson was born he was 9 lb. 5 oz. and when released from the hospital he was 8 lb. 9 oz. with a bilirubin level of 8.8.  Here's Hudson off on his second car ride with Dad & Mom to the hospital.
Once he got there they did a quick weight check in which he was 8 lb. 5 oz., gone down a little bit more which Dr. Morris still felt within the normal range so nothing to worry about yet.
After they checked his weight they checked his bilirubin level which was a 14.4.  The normal range goes up to 14 so as he was just over it.  Again, Dr. Morris felt within range especially since Hudson has been nursing 10 - 12 times per day and having about the same amount of wet diapers.  Dr. Morris said if we have any concerns to bring him back and/or call and we'll re-check otherwise should be fine until his 2 week check-up.  Here's the nurse doing one of the bilirubin checks on Hudson:
Here's her doing another check.  They do three checks and then average the score to determine final level.

After Hudson's check-up Mom nursed him quick before leaving to pick me up from daycare.  I was pretty excited when Mom walked in to get me and ran to her and gave her a big hug since I've been with Dad most of the past few days.  I was even more excited to see Dad and baby Hudson waiting for me in the car too!  I told them I had fun at daycare looking at all the trucks in Ms. Amber's story time book and of course pointed them out to everyone in class.  What a special treat for the whole family to ride home together!