This past week at daycare was fun and fast! I really enjoyed our singing and dancing time this week and enjoyed sharing photos of my family for our Thanksgiving Day unit as I am very thankful for my family. On Wed., Nov. 23, 2011, Mom & I made fall cupcakes to say thank you to the daycare staff as I am also thankful for them. Mom wanted me to share that while she was getting the frosting and fall sprinkles out I sort of couldn't wait any longer and started biting into one of the cupcakes for an early breakfast! They were still warm and smelled really good so who could blame me?! I highly recommend vanilla cupcakes for breakfast anytime. I believe my teachers enjoyed them too.
This morning I got up early as I was excited to watch the parade and when Tom the Turkey kicked off the parade I had fun saying, "gobble gobble" over and over. As we watched the parade Mom & I made Rice Krispie Turkey Pops which were really messy and fun. First we made the Rice Krispie treats, I enjoyed eating the marshmallows as much as I enjoyed pouring them into the pan, and then we rolled them into little balls. Again, couldn't resist eating some as we went along. Then we got to dunk them in chocolate and cover them with candy eyes and candy corn. Again, couldn't help myself eating the candy corn as one of Dad and my favorites however we did get done. We were so messy from the chocolate Mom wishes she could have taken a picture of my chocolate covered cheeks/face so you'll just have to imagine it a bit. Dad thought we looked a little crazy however he thought it looked like we had fun. We took some to our neighbors as we are thankful for great friends and then took the rest to Grandma and Grandpa Prestegard's for Thanksgiving dinner. Here's some of our turkeys we made minus the pop sticks as easier to transport:
We had an excellent lunch at Grandma and Grandpa Prestegard's and I really enjoyed playing with my Cousin Hannah. Here's some pictures of us playing together and I even got to play with some of Dad's toys when he was little. I met his favorite stuffed lion and stuffed dog and I loved them too!
Can always have fun with an empty box especially being pulled around in it!
Grandpa, me, Grandma and Hannah.
Of course while we were at Grandpa's we had to check out the equipment and the Shop. Hannah's in the cab and I'm working on climbing up the stairs all by myself!


