Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 30, 2011

ECFE Halloween Party!

On Friday, October 28, 2011, we had a relaxing morning at home before we went to Blue Earth for my 2 year pictures with Mandy at MCreations in Blue Earth, MN.  My pictures started off good and ended with me a little grumpy but hey they are 2 year pictures!  We'll have to wait and see how they turn out.  After my nap I had a special treat and rode with Grandpa Allen in the combine.  It was our last ride of the year as they were doing their last field of corn.  I must admit I was a little sad but there is still some field work to do so you never know when the next tractor ride could happen!  Keeping my fingers crossed.  After hanging out with Grandpa, Mom and I picked up Grandma Judy and headed into Blue Earth for the ECFE Halloween Party from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. and dinner.  Here I am ready to head in as Superman! 
Did you notice I've been working out?  Here's Grandma and I walking to the party.
What's that, do I hear someone in distress?
Let's get going!  Like my cape?
When we arrived all the kids had circle time where we sang Halloween songs and read a Halloween story.  I met up with my good friend Ava and she was a flamenco dancer.  Her Grandma even got her costumer in Spain!  Isn't she beautiful?!
My good friend Jack was at the party too; here's me, Jack & Ava.
After circle time they had activity time and they had stations set-up all over the gym.  The first station I made a mask with Grandma and got to color with markers!
Here's my extra scary mask.
Here's me wearing my mask, what do you think?  I'm also holding the bat I made which I really liked.
We then tried go fish which I got a fun package of treats including a Halloween slinky, tattoos, a bat, etc.
Then Mommy & I made a door handle sign with my name on it.  I had a lot of fun gluing and here's Mom showing me how to pat my pieces down so they stay.  The little pumpkin I put on it was my favorite.
The finished product which now hangs on the door to my big boy room.
They had snacks for us which included candy corn - loved those - and bread with orange Halloween cheese.  Here I am licking the cheese stick but found out afterwards I wasn't too fond of it.  The Cheerios were good though.
I mostly enjoyed my Halloween juice box which I drank in pretty much one gulp.
Then Grandma and I made a picture frame of the event that we even put magnets on for our fridge.
Here's the finished product; they took our pictures to put in the frames while we were there too!
The last station we made a clothespin bat which I enjoyed gluing on the nose and playing with the tissue paper as it made fun sounds.  Turned out pretty cute!
We ended the evening with a Halloween Parade of Costumes and I was right up front.  I didn't even need to take Mom's hand or anything I just fell in line.  Here I am marching along and watching my step.
We even went around the entire gym a couple of times!
There were a lot of fellow super heroes there including Captain America, Spiderman, Batman & the Transformers.  Mom said she thought I was the cutest super hero there though!  She may be bias.
After the party we had dinner at Dairy Queen with ice cream!  Then we headed home for bed time.  On Sat., Oct. 29th we had a relaxing day at home and in the afternoon we got to pick Dad up from the field and go to the shop to hang with Grandpa Allen.  I even got to explore the shop and found the bolt bin which I surprised everyone by trying to put nuts on the bolts as if I knew what I was doing.  I tried telling them I did!  Dad & Mom said I am so smart.  I love going to the shop and am always sad when we have to go home.

On Sunday, Oct. 30th Dad hung out with Mom and I at home all day!  We celebrated harvest being just about over and in the afternoon had a visitation to attend in Wells.  We did get to meet up with Grandma Judy and Grandpa Allen for dinner afterwards at Wildcats where I enjoyed onion rings with the boys!  After bath time I put on my special Halloween P.J.'s to prepare for the big day on Monday and here's me giving Dad a good night hug & kiss!
Aren't we cute?!
Can't wait to go trick-or-treating tomorrow; will be a super man of a time!