On Friday, October 14, 2011, I had my follow-up ear appointment with Dr. Pearson, my ENT who did my tubes surgery, at 10:30 a.m. We had a great check-up and she said everything healed well and looks good. I haven't had an ear infection since the surgery which is amazing as that is almost 2 months ear infection free! The longest we have gone before that was just about 4 weeks. I go back for my next check-up with Dr. Pearson in April so hopefully we'll have another good report soon.
While we were in Mankato we did get to meet our good friends the Grunden's latest addition, baby Olivia. I didn't get to see Katelyn this time but hopefully next. Mom was impressed that I said "baby" a few times and gave her a gentle pat but then decided it was more important to show Mike, her Dad, my tractor books. Mom said go figure! We also ran a couple of errands and got the last few things we needed to complete my big boy room which was fun too. One of our errands was getting my fall picture taken at the Annual Drummer's Garden Center photo event. It went really well and I had an excellent smile. Mom as very impressed. Below are a couple of my shots which we had to scan in as their were problems with my online proofs but not too bad:
Do you like my pumpkin truck shirt?
Ready to run...
After we got home we spent the afternoon outside & enjoyed the fall weather. What a good day. On Saturday, October 15th Mom & I hung out home in the morning and played outside and just after lunch I got a quick combine ride with Grandpa Allen. It was extra special as we have now switched to corn and they were at our home place so right in our backyard! I colored Grandpa a picture of a truck in the morning and he even hung it up on his combine window when I gave it to him. I thought that was pretty cool. Here's me & Grandpa:
After a good, long nap Grandma Judy came over and Mom, her & I went to Albert Lea, MN to pick pumpkins at the Pumpkin Patch. We have never been there before so it was a fun to explore. Here we are at the entrance being welcomed in...
They also had a growth chart like Center Creek Orchard and yep, still 3 feet tall. I wasn't much interested in being measured but did enjoy playing with the smaller pumpkins because I could actually pick them up. They also have a fun kids house and a haunted house. They even had lawn games including checkers which you played with white and orange pumpkins for your pieces which was pretty clever.
My favorite game was golf of course. I even knew without Mom showing me to hit the ball with the club. I could even take "my bag of clubs" around with me. I sure had fun chasing the ball in the leaves.
My favorite attraction was their wildlife maze. It is just the right height for me and I loved running around in it. It was fun chasing Mom & Grandma and pretending to hide. I even chased Mom around and tried to catch her too. Grandma & Mom liked it because it was just tall enough I couldn't see over but short even they could keep an eye on me. It was a ton of fun!
Mom, here I come; I'm going to catch you! Notice Grandma is going to catch me!
After we were done with all the fun we got down to business and picked our pumpkins. We picked 3 really good ones, one for Dad, Mom and me. We even got our own wagon to use in the patch to get them back to the car. We started off with just me in the wagon but I slowly pumpkin by pumpkin got kicked out!
I tried really hard to pull all 3 on my own but they were little heavy so I needed some assistance...
Here's Mom helping me out.
All loaded up and ready to go home.
We had a really nice time at the Patch and recommend checking it out. It is perfect for anyone but really good for younger kids. Afterwards we headed for home for dinner. Dad says we'll carve pumpkins soon but for now they are on our front porch welcoming fall. On Sun., Oct. 16th we had a fun day outside all day! It was beautiful out and enjoying the weather while we can. We had a fun family dinner at Apple Bees as we helped Dad take a truck in for repairs & I even got my own oreo fluff dessert. It was yummy!
On Monday, Oct. 17th we had a fun day in the Little Sprouts room welcoming back Ms. Linda, our main teacher, who's been gone on leave. We also started learning about shapes especially circles. We're practicing cutting circles out & coloring them. The above is my circle & I picked the color orange. We learned a poem with our circle that goes like this:
I'm Susie Circle. Watch me turn, round and round.
You will see I'm not straight, I am round.
In the month of October our units as you know have included Fire Safety with getting to explore & ride on the Blue Earth Fire Trucks but have also included a unit on owls (*learning to "hoot"), pumpkins/fall, cats (*learning to "meow") and of course shapes. After daycare Mom picked me up and we met Anna & Ava Oswald for our Monday night dinner date before our Toddler ECFE class. This week's parent unit was on "Separation Anxiety/Routines" and this week's peek-a-boo was a whale. We also made a ghost peek-a-boo at daycare so included a picture of that too!
Here's my buddy Shea going down the tree slide with me. I decided I'd try face first!
Here's me with my daycare / ECFE friends taking turns going down another slide. Jack is going down first, then me, then Shea and then Ava. What a cute bunch of kids!
Here's my whale, Mom made the smiley face, and my ghost. This week I started really getting into the fishy song during our circle time which we play with a large blanket and shake the fishes. So much fun!
On Tues., Oct. 18th I had an exciting day at daycare because I fell end over tea kettle off one of the small kids equipment. I was trying to see over and looked too far and went flying forward. I didn't get hurt but did get some extra TLC. My favorite part of the day was getting to see real owls for our owl unit that Ms. Linda showed up. They are really interesting. We also practiced cutting out another circle and this time we got to put circle stickers on it instead of coloring. Here's mine:
After daycare Mom picked me up and we had a quick dinner at home before we loaded up the car, did bath time and then headed for Waterloo, IA to Grandma & Grandpa Sergeant's. The ride seemed quick to me as I slept the whole way and didn't realize we were there until the next morning! Mom has some Council meetings in Ames on the 20th and 21st so I'm going to get some quality grandparent time. This will be the first time spending the night (*on the 20th) away from Mom & Dad. I don't think it's such a big deal but I think Dad & Mom are having a harder time. We'll see!


