On Sat., Oct. 8, 2011, I had a fun day of playing at outside at home and after my nap met up with good friends Anna & Ava Oswald Prairie River Camp just outside Bricelyn, MN for some fall fun. This year's corn maze was more fun as I was able to walk/run/tumble through it and the theme this year was Walk By Faith. The actual maze if you looked from up above was Jesus walking on water and man it was a lot harder than the lion last year! The day was beautiful and Ava and I had a blast playing in the corn.
Here we are trying to go off the path...Mom and Anna wouldn't let us too much though.
Here we are playing with the corn and silks. It was pretty dry and rough but fun to fall in!
Here's one of the many times I fell down and Ava was so cute saying Hayden need help! She is such a good friend.
It was pretty hot in the maze and we got thirsty! Here we are taking a quick break before exploring the grounds, play areas and the equipment!
They gave us wagon rides and of course I had to sit up front and center behind Grandpa Joe. I was a little disappointed that I wasn't allowed to drive. But it was a really nice ride through the grounds and woods.
After our wagon ride we got to sit in the caboose of the train! Here we are about to leave the station.
Here we go! We sat really good the whole time and were the only two passengers aboard! We were pretty special and had a blast. My conductor hat fit in perfect.
The best part of the day was we got Starburst for completing the maze and they were yummy!
Before we left we explored some of the cabins you can rent and they are really nice. Ava and I had fun running around and jumping on the beds! What an excellent Saturday afternoon.
On Sun., Oct. 9, 2011, after church we had a fun day at home playing outside. We figured we better enjoy the weather while we can! For dinner we went to Albert Lea Applebee's and went to the Home Depot to get nursery paint for my little brother's room. We got blue, green, yellow and white! We're going to paint some stripes and do a chair rail. We'll have to show you pictures soon. On Mon., Oct. 10, 2011, at daycare we learned all about fire trucks as they are going to visit us this week! It's National Fire Safety Week so can't wait to ride the fire truck again! After daycare we met up with Anna & Ava again for dinner before 4th ECFE Toddler & Twos class. This week our peek-a-boo we made was a zebra!
Here's my fine masterpiece:
The parent's discussion was on Parent Burnout! which I told Mom with me would never happen of course! On Tues., Oct. 11th we got to paint and of course I choose red to paint my barn which Dad was pretty proud of. The learning unit for October is centered around harvest. We're working on shapes and colors of fall such as ovals for corn and organge for pumpkins. We get to play with tractors and combines which are my favorite of course. We even did a sensory tub of beans / corn. Here is my beautiful red barn:
Today, Wed., Oct. 12th two big fire trucks came to daycare which we were able to explore. I loved hearing the sirens and demostrated my siren to the firefighters too. It was such an exciting day!


