Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, June 22, 2012

Sweet Potatoes...Yummy!

On, Mon., June 18th we got a special treat Dad took & picked us up from DC.  Mom was traveling for work.  This week at DC we're working on counting and doing a unit on cows!  On Tues., June 19th my teachers even arranged for a 2 week old baby calf & 2 baby chicks to come in!  We got to pet them, fed them (*yep, I held the calf's bottle) and touched their soft fur and feathers.  What a special day.  We also read the book, "Click, Clack, Moo" and as related to the book "typed" a letter to Mom & Dad:
As part of the unit we've been doing cow "art".  I got to paint a cow picture, we did a milk tasting of white, chocolate & strawberry (*chocolate was my favorite) and then colored pictures about it.  We also worked on cutting out a cow and glued to the cow body we sponge painted.  I had a lot of fun & turned out pretty good if I do say so myself: 
In addition to working on numbers we're learning colors and I'm getting so much better.  It helps we practice at home learning colors by using different colored trucks!  Today we even used different electrical colored tape and chalk to make pictures learning the different colors.

Hudson has been up to lots too.  On Wed., June 20th he started his next phase - two a day naps.  He transitioned really well and is now waking about 6:30 a.m., naps at 9:30 a.m. until about noon, down again around 2:30 p.m. until about 4 p.m.; then down for the night at 8 p.m.  Growing so fast!

Today, Hudson had a special treat - sweet potatoes!  This is his first real food outside rice cereal & rice crackers.  Here's his first full meal:
No clue what's about to happen:
Was a little confused at first as it wasn't his normal cereal...but soon loved it!  As you can see he was grabbing for it right away!
Hmmm, this is good!
Daddy & Mommy took turns feeding him and the more he got the more he loved it.
All done already?  Can I have more?
What a cute, messy face!  Wonder what he'll try next...